Analysis of the City of Chicago's 2018 Fourth Quarter and 2019 First Quarter Housing Progress Reports Out Now
- First reports released by the reintroduced Department of Housing.
- City met its 2018 funding goals for ownership investments but did not meet funding goals for rental and improvement/preservation investments.
- More units serve 51-60% AMI bracket than any other during both quarters.
- 1,484 net-new rental units built during 2018.
Free data on housing conditions in communities in Chicago and across Illinois
Tracks Section 8 properties throughout Illinois, including expiration date and status of contracts.
Fact sheets, maps, and publications
- 2019Q3 Analysis
- 2019 Annual Report
- December 2019 ARO Comments
- CRN 2020 Budget Comments
- 2019Q2 Analysis
- Property Tax Burden in Cook County and Examples of Relief Programs
- Housing Stability for All Chicagoans - Property Tax Policy
- 2018Q4 and 2019Q1 Analysis
- 2019 Chicago Budget - CRN Analysis
- Five Strategies Toward Housing Stability for All Chicagoans